Tags (Top 20)
Blogs have been "tagged" with keywords:
- AAC (85)
- iPad (49)
- dyslexia (46)
- Books for All (45)
- communication aid (36)
- Literacy (29)
- accessible formats (27)
- visual impairment (27)
- accessibility (25)
- text_to_speech (23)
- Apps (22)
- symbols (19)
- print disability (18)
- additional_support_needs (17)
- software (16)
- text-to-speech (16)
- additional support needs (16)
- digital exams (15)
- assistive_technology (14)
- assistive technology (13)
By Stuart Aitken on Friday 9th March, 2012 at 5:28pm
Scottish Government is reviewing how education will be provided for children and young people with complex support needs. Peter Doran is chairing that review, often referred to as the Doran Review.
As part of the review, consultation events will be taking place with parents. The intention is to find out the views of families and parent support groups on a number of important questions. The results of that consultation exercise will contribute to the review.
Views are being sought from parents on:
- How satisfied you are with the processes to identify your childs care, health and learning needs.
- How well informed you feel about schools and services that could help their child.
- How well nurseries or schools and other services such as Health and Social Work are meeting your child's needs.
- How well supported you and your child feel when he or she is preparing to leave and settling into a new school, or leaving school to go on to adult services.
The events will take place at:
22nd March 12 noon to 3pm Aberdeen, Thistle Altens Hotel
27th March 9.30am to 1pm Edinburgh Hilton Grosvenor Hotel
29th March 9.30am to 1pm Glasgow Hilton Grosvenor Hotel
Or, Email email@example.com
Or, Telephone 0131 222 2446 Fax 0131 228 8585
Or, Post Children in Scotland, Princes House, 5 Shandwick Place, Edinburgh EH2 4RG