Tags (Top 20)
Blogs have been "tagged" with keywords:
- AAC (85)
- iPad (48)
- Books for All (45)
- dyslexia (45)
- communication aid (36)
- Literacy (29)
- accessible formats (27)
- visual impairment (27)
- accessibility (24)
- text_to_speech (23)
- Apps (22)
- symbols (19)
- print disability (18)
- additional_support_needs (16)
- text-to-speech (16)
- software (16)
- additional support needs (15)
- digital exams (15)
- assistive_technology (13)
- ICT (12)
By Robert Stewart on Tuesday 10th July, 2012 at 9:30am
This autumn Smartbox Assistive Technology will be touring the country to host FREE study days that will focus on some of the latest developments in the world of AAC and assistive technology.
- Venue: CALL Scotland, Edinburgh
- Date and time: 9:30am - 4:00pm, 12th September 2012
Each study day will include the following talks:
- Eye gaze clinics - A closer look at the very latest eye gaze technology and techniques.
- Accessing the curriculum – Level the playing field with our tips, tricks and resources for using The Grid 2 in the classroom.
- Facebook, Skype, Twitter, YouTube - Safe, easy and accessible resources for the worlds most popular websites.
- The Grid 2 communication pathway – A guided tour of the latest range of symbol communication resources - including a first look at PODD and Beeline.
- New product launch – All will be revealed.
- Grid Player for ios – How to use an iPad for AAC and the best Grid Player resources
- Fast Talker 2 – A complete AAC and computer access solution for literate users.
- Future of AAC – An exciting look at the very latest developments in the world of assistive technology, including a first look at brain control.
The events are all free to attend. Lunch and refreshments are included.
- You must register if you wish to attend. There are limited places at each venue so bookings will be taken on a first come, first served basis.
- All of the days start with registration at 9:30, before the first talk at 10am. The last talk will finish at 4pm.
- The study days are suitable for speech and language therapists, teachers, and other professionals working with AAC or assistive technology.
SIGN UP NOW: